TERMS & CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
1. PAYMENTS – An initial Reservation Fee of R2250 is required with the signed contract to hold shooting dates. Reservation fees are non-refundable. The remaining balance is due (2) two weeks before your wedding date. A R150.00 late fee will be charged for late payment. A travel charge of R4.50 per km. for events and weddings beyond a 100km distance from our studio/offices will be charged. In the case that the location is more than 200km from Consuming Fire’s studio it will be expected from the client to arrange accommodation for the camera operators/photographers.
2. RESERVATION OF TIME AND DATE: This contract constitutes an order for one wedding film production from Consuming Fire Films. Upon execution of this contract and receipt of the reservation fee, Consuming Fire Films will reserve the time and date agreed upon, and will make no other reservations for that time for the duration of the contract. Consuming Fire Films may use substitutes or sub-contractors in the fulfillment of all or part of the contracted services. If the payments are not received at Consuming Fire Films by the dates specified, Consuming Fire Films may cancel the reservation. The reservation fee, payment schedule, times, dates, locations, and other important information are specified in this contract.
3. DELIVERY OF FINISHED PRODUCT – The Customer is welcome to pickup their flash drives in person or they can have them mailed to them. (Please note that Post-Production editing usually takes up to 8 weeks to complete). Customers can notify Consuming Fire Films with any requests for changes in the editing of the video within 30 days of receiving copies. There will be a charge for re-editing at the current rate of R500 per hour.
4. EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS – It is understood Consuming Fire Films is the exclusive official videographer retained to perform the services requested on this contract. Display rights: In signing this contract, the customer is acting as agents for all members of the party and guests and grants Consuming Fire Films all rights for display, broadcast, exhibition, promotion, and advertising use of all images produced under this contract. All video masters and raw photo’s remain the exclusive property of Consuming Fire Films.
5. RESTRICTIONS: The Customer is aware that restrictions imposed by others (e.g., photographer, church, reception hall, guests, etc.), and the constraints of the physical environment, safety, weather can affect the quality and extent of video coverage possible. Consuming Fire Films guarantees coverage of all events only within the bounds of any restrictions and constraints of the physical environment, safety, and weather. Consuming Fire Films cannot guarantee coverage of outside events during inclement weather. The Customer is responsible for obtaining all permissions and clearances, etc., and adequate shelter from inclement weather and extreme temperatures are required by Consuming Fire Films to operate.
6. POSTPONEMENT/CANCELLATION – In the event of a postponement or cancellation of the wedding/contract, thirty (30) days prior to the event, the amount paid will be returned, however the Reservation Fee is not refundable unless Consuming Fire Films can secure another booking for that date. If cancellation is made less then thirty (30) days remaining to the event, no refunds will be made.
7. STUDIO LIABILITY – Consuming Fire Films will take the utmost care with respect to the production, post-production and delivery of the video(s). However, in the event Consuming Fire Films fails to comply with the terms of this contract, due to any event at or beyond the control of Consuming Fire Films, including but not limited to illness, accidents, labor disputes and other catastrophes, or uncontrollable and unforeseeable equipment failure, Consuming Fire Films liability is limited only to refund of all monies received.
8. ADDITIONAL CHARGES – If something occurred at the event that the client does not want to appear on the video, the Customer must instruct Consuming Fire Films before editing begins. After the video has been delivered to the Client, there will be a charge for re-editing at the current rate of R500 per hour for editing as well as delivery charges.
9. WARRANTIES – Consuming Fire Films makes no warranties express or implied, with respect to the work or property that is the subject matter of this contract.
10. PRODUCTION AND EDITORIAL CONTROL – Consuming Fire Films is granted full production and editorial control by the customer regarding all aspects of the production and post-production services for this event. In the case a particular segment of the event is either not recorded, partially recorded, or not part of the edited master production, it is at the sole discretion of Consuming Fire Films as the exclusive producer of the event video recording. Due to our style and unobtrusive nature, Consuming Fire Films attempts to capture your event as-is.
11. MEALS – Consuming Fire Films asks that a courtesy meal be provided for the videographer(s) or assistance at the reception. If a meal is not provided, then the Consuming Fire staff may leave your reception for up to 45 minutes.
(Note: Consuming Fire Films is not responsible for any event not captured in the case that one or more
of the videographers must leave the reception to obtain a meal.)
**Please let us know if a courtesy meal will be provided or not by circling the following:
We will provide a meal / We will not provide a meal.